Dr Sarah George (Acupuncture) provides comprehensive Launceston acupuncture and Chinese Medicine services for women’s health, fertility, pregnancy and pre-birth care.
The services that may be a incorporated into your personalised Chinese Medicine treatment plan include:
- Includes a wide range of techniques (which may include a several of the below techniques) individualised to provide you with the best results provided in a caring and comfortable environment. Sarah practices traditional acupuncture with continued education of evidence based practice for your best results.
- Often used in conjunction with acupuncture for pain relief or stronger stimulation of the acupoints.
- Laser Acupuncture
- Painless, needle free acupuncture.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture
- A blissful, gentle treatment of a range of techniques including acupressure, facial massage, gentle gua sha, facial acupuncture with very fine needles and supporting body points, combined with high quality, natural supportive skin care products. A course of two treatments/week for five weeks is recommended prior to a review. Private health insurance rebates do NOT apply to this form of acupuncture.
- A variety of cupping techniques tailored to your symptoms to complement your acupuncture.
- A Chinese Medicine technique with a range of tools for different results to complement your acupuncture.
- Warming techniques used in clinic with acupuncture and sometimes prescribed for home use.
- Far infrared heat lamp
- A much loved warming therapy often combined with acupuncture.
- Chinese remedial massage which may include liniment, cupping and guasha to complement your acupuncture.
- Chinese dietary therapy
- Part of the Chinese Medicine theory of preserving life (as opposed to preventative care), ‘Yang Sheng’. Chinese dietetics focuses on the way foods make you feel and the way that you eat. Diet is individualised to each person and complements your acupuncture.
- Chinese herbal medicine formulas
- High quality, ethical Chinese Herbal Formulas that have been prescribed by Chinese herbalists for hundreds to thousands of years to complement your acupuncture.
- Western herbal medicines
- High quality, ethical herbal medicines extracted in Australia to complement your acupuncture.
- Chinese Medicine telehealth
- Safe and secure online Chinese Medicine consultations focusing on your health concerns. Your consultation will be followed with written instructions for you to follow for your Chinese Medicine prescription (which may include moxibustion, acupressure, herbal medicine, dietary therapy and lifestyle advice. Any herbs, teas, moxa or other equipment can be delivered to your door or free collection can be arranged from the clinic. Australia Post charges will apply for deliveries. Please note that at the current time, private health fund rebates do not apply to Chinese Medicine telehealth services.
Only the highest quality tools and medicines are selected for use in your treatments.
When it comes to herbal medicines, Australia is a signatory to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) which means the medicines we use strictly adhere to the ethical and legal requirements surrounding endangered species.
HEALTH FUND REBATES & ASSOCIATIONS/REGISTRATIONS
Sarah is an AHPRA Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner and a member of the following professional association: Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA).
Private health rebates may apply for acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine consultations (not cosmetic acupuncture) if your private health insurance policy covers this treatment modality.
HICAPS facilities are available for immediate private health fund claims for acupuncture appointments.
- Initial acupuncture consultation and treatment (allow up to 1 1/2 hrs): $150
- Follow up acupuncture consultation and treatment (allow up to 1hr): $100
- Extended acupuncture consultation and treatment (allow up to 1 1/2 hrs): $150
- Initial cosmetic acupuncture consultation and treatment (allow up to 1 3/4 hrs): $200
- Follow up cosmetic acupuncture consultation and treatment (allow up to 1 1/4 hrs): $150
- Initial Telehealth Chinese Medicine consultation (allow up to 1 hr): $150
- Follow up Telehealth Chinese Medicine consultation (allow up to 1/2 hr): $100
EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities available for applicable services.
Appointment times may vary due to appropriate consultation and treatment for your condition/s and therefore times allowed below are an estimate of the maximum time allowed – be generous with your time allowance just in case.