Sarah is a freelance writer and speaker for acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Chinese dietetics, the art of preserving life (yang sheng), natural medicine, women’s’ health and fertility topics. She is available to write for the media, corporate sector and other publications, and to speak at conferences, functions and seminars.
- George, S. (2017) ‘What is the role of Acupuncture in the Treatment of Oncology Patients with Xerostomia’, Australian Journal of Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine, vol. 11, no.1, pp. 4-9.
- Essentials of Law, Ethics and Professional Issues for Complementary and Alternative Medicine” (Massage Chapter)
Sarah has been interviewed for and written material that has been published in several magazines and newspapers. She has contributed health articles to a range of websites.
See Sarah in InTransition magazine on the benefits of cycling to work.
Presentations, interviews, events and academic engagements
As well as being a clinician, Sarah is an academic, short-course presenter and has spoken at several industry conferences, and held events and workshops including:
- 2009-2018 – various academic roles including Senior Lecturer, Lecturer, Clinic Supervisor, Tutor and course writer at Endeavour College of Natural Health.
- 2018 – casual academic at University of Tasmania
- 2011 – Australasian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Annual Conference (Perth) When disaster strikes: the volunteer acupuncture group response to the 2011 Brisbane Floods.
- 2011- Passage to Motherhood Conference (Brisbane) Acupuncture in pregnancy: For which conditions is it most beneficial?
- 2012 – Australasian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Annual Conference (Brisbane) TCM & western herbs in gynaecology: research findings for clinical use
- 2012 – Woodford Folk Festival (Blue Lotus Stage) Herbs, health and acupressure (with Kathleen Murphy)
- 2013 – Bright Leaning short course Massage for Beginners
- 2013 – Woodford Folk Festival (Blue Lotus Stage) Gluten and Grain Intolerance: What Does It Mean For You? and Vegetarian Or Omnivore: How to Make the Most of your Diet (both with Kathleen Murphy)
- 2014 – Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit CPD (PA Hospital – Buranda) The Role of Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- 2014 – Endeavour College of Natural Health panellist: Alumni Panel – lessons on setting up a business (video)
- 2014 – Bright Learning short course Massage the pain away
- 2015 – Australian Rehabilitation Nurses Association Study Day (PA Hospital – Buranda) Acupuncture as an Adjunctive Treatment to improve Quality of Life in Brain Injury Patients
- 2015 – The Passage to Motherhood Conference (Brisbane) Acupressure for
Pregnancy & Birth
- 2016 – Capers Bookstore Midwifery Event (Brisbane) Chinese Medicine and Acupressure for Midwives: A Fusion of Traditional Knowledge and Evidence Based Practice for better Pregnancy and Birth Outcomes
- 2016 – Endeavour College of Natural Health Grand Rounds (Gold Coast) A case of facial palsy
- 2017 – Australasian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Annual Conference (Brisbane) Facial paralysis and nerve damage: a snapshot of clinically relevant evidence for acupuncturists
- 2017 – The Passage to Motherhood Conference (Brisbane) Chinese Medicine and acupressure for pregnancy and birth
- 2018 – Seminar/workshop Learn to Cook Healthy Japanese Food (with Sam Seghers from Mindful Menus) Event details
- 2018 – ABC Northern Tasmania radio interview with Kim Millar World Acupuncture Day listen here (starts at 33 minutes)
- 2018 – Seminar/workshop World Acupuncture Day: Balance your Yin and Yang with Yoga and Acupuncture Event details
- 2018/19 – Woodford Folk Festival (Blue Lotus stage) Honouring the Fourth Trimester for Family Wellness and Your Fertility. Panel discussion: Happy, healthy blended families (all with Kathleen Murphy). Details here
- 2019 – House of Prana Yin yoga, acupuncture and shakuhachi workshop. Details here.
NEW PATIENTS: to make a new appointment call me on 0448 128 858 or contact me.