There are two things I love: Dairy-and-gluten-free baking and Star Wars (ok, maybe there are a few other things). This recipe brings these great loves together. I’ve also tried to limit the sugar while still maximising the chocolatey decadence, which is definitely worthy of the darkside.
Darkside decadence biscuits
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa (organic)
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup xylitol (a natural sweetener, or substitute 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Creme de cacao, Kahlua or Frangelico
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (organic, dairy-free)
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamias
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease three biscuit trays.
- Sift and mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, xylitol, vanilla extract, vinegar and liqueur.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together thoroughly.
- Stir through the chocolate chips and macadamias.
- Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll into heaped teaspoon sized balls and place onto prepared biscuit trays. Flatten the tops of each biscuit.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes.
- Cool on wire cooling rack.
And may the force be with you…. always.
To book an appointment at the clinic or further information on Chinese Medicine contact Dr Sarah George (Acupuncture). Sarah is a practitioner of acupuncture (AHPRA registered), massage therapy and natural health.